Friday, August 24, 2012

Protein Ball recipe!



Ok so I stole this out of Men's fitness magazine, kinda. I changed some ingredients when I made it to fit what I had. These taste like brownies almost because they're so moist inside. This is perfect to eat before or after a workout, or just anytime you need a protein filled snack! I keep a baggy of them in a cooler in my car while I'm at school so I don't have to worry about having to buy crappy foods.

Ingredients:
6 scoops of chocolate WHEY protein powder. (Use the big scoop most come with)
2 cups oats (I used less than the suggested 3 cups)
15 dried chopped plums
1/2 cup raw cashews chopped & crushed (I bought salted and just rinsed them off)
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp melted coconut oil
3/4 cups milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
1 tbsp honey
1/2 cup sunflower seed butter (I used sunbutter, original recipes said peanut, but you can use almond)
1/2 cup unsweeted coconut flakes. (Used to roll ball in)


Directions:
Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl except the coconut flakes. Mix in melted coconut oil. Add in milk, honey and sunflower seed butter. Keep blending with wooden spoon until it's evenly mixed. It should be sticky. Take a tablespoon and scoop out enough to roll into a ball with hands, then roll it around in coconut flakes. You should get a little more than 15 balls. Refridgerate to harden.
The coconut flakes make it easier and less messy & sticky to hold onto, and refridgerating them keeps them from getting melty.
Feel free to experiment with the ingredients too.
Enjoy!!
-Em


4 comments:

  1. not gay.. but damn those balls look good lol.. ima try to make me some while i'm out of the gym !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your silly.. I would have to.carry a mirror all the time with me to.watch my mouth and people might think that's wierd lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh darn you said language not mouth.. disregard that last comment.. lol

    ReplyDelete